Good morning! I trust everyone enjoyed the day off yesterday. Here’s our outline for this week: Continue reading “Week of January 17”
Several of you were finishing a test and missed the notes that Ms. Moore gave this morning. I am pasting those notes below. Continue reading “Brave New World Introductory Notes”
On Wednesday, students will be introduced to the second trimester project. Here’s an advance overview of the project options that will be discussed tomorrow. Continue reading “Second Trimester Project”
First, I do want to remind you that Ms. Hannah Moore is with us this semester from WKU. She’s excited to be with us and really enjoyed reading your letters over the Christmas holiday. Continue reading “Beginning of January”
Just wanted to answer a few questions I’ve received so far:
- Be SURE to select Study Island for SCHOOLS when you log in 🙂
- If you’ve forgotten your password, TEXT ME VIA REMIND
- Remember that you must make a 70% with a minimum of ten questions answered. You can reattempt a session if necessary.
I am copying the ORIGINAL Brave New World reading schedule below. At this time, I have not changed it.
- Reading #1 – Chapters 1 – 3 (54 pages) – quiz Tuesday, January 17
- Reading #2 – Chapters 4 – 6 (50 pages) – quiz Monday, January 23
- Reading #3 – Chapters 7 – 10 (46 pages) – quiz Friday, January 27
- Reading #4 – Chapters 11-13 (45 pages) – quiz Tuesday, January 31
- Reading #5 – Chapters 14 – 16 (32 pages) – quiz Friday, February 3
- Reading #6 – Chapters 17 – 18 (30 pages) – quiz Tuesday, February 7
- FINAL DISCUSSION – Wednesday, February 8
- EOC-STYLE TEST – Thursday, February 9
A quick mid-week update:
Today in class, students were given the test correction packets for Jane Eyre. These must be turned in prior to Christmas Break. Test corrections are not optional; failure to do test corrections will result in a zero for the test.
I have also updated the class website with some information about January; there’s a January 2017 Calendar and other information about our January-February class novel, Brave New World. Visit the Brave New World page here: Brave New World
I will not be permitting students to read the novel on their phones due to inappropriate use of cell phones in class. Students will need a physical copy of the novel.
Also–we will be taking a hiatus from weekly vocabulary quizzes until the week of January 16 – 20.
Thank you for a wonderful first half of the year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.