As always, we have a lot on our agenda this week. Before I get in to our class information, I’d like to inform you that I will be asking students to join me in the observation of a moment of silence at the beginning of each class period. While there are official memorial times, our school schedule does not coincide well with those.
In this Message:
- General School Announcements
- Weekly Agenda
General School Announcements
- This week is Spirit Week, culminating in our homecoming Pep Rally and football game. Our themes are: ‘Merica Monday, Twin Tuesday, Pajama Day Wednesday, Throwback Thursday (Decade Day), and Maroon/White Day on Friday.
- Student Council elections will be held this week in advisory.
- I will not be ZAPping students this week due to short administrative staff (but please join me in congratulating Christian Klaas on the birth of his daughter).
- ESS begins this week. I personally teach ESS on Wednesday mornings. This is a good time to make up or retake quizzes/tests or to get additional help with concepts (like diagramming sentences).
- Parents: on Mondays, I distribute your child’s folder with graded work and a copy of their most recent progress report. Any late assignments are indicated on this progress report. If a student gets ZAPped for an assignment but still does not turn it in by the end of the week, the grade remains a zero.
In Class This Week (Pre-AP):
- Monday – Bell ringer, overview of dialectical journals, grammar lesson (sentence types, diagramming questions)
- Tuesday – Bell ringer, mini-lesson on absolute phrases, reading from anthology
- Wednesday – Bell ringer, mini-lesson on appositives, reading from anthology
- Thursday – Bell ringer, mini-lesson on gerund phrases, reading from anthology. We will have the Chromebooks – you will have a SHORT task to perform on the computer.
- Friday – Study time for weekly vocabulary quiz. After the vocabulary quiz, students may work individually or in groups on the study guide for their novel tests.
In Class This Week (Regular) – CORRECTED 9/11
- Monday – Bell ringer, Aristotle’s Elements Prezi, introduction to Antigone
- Tuesday – Bell ringer, Read & discuss Antigone
- Wednesday – Bell ringer, Read & discuss Antigone
- Thursday – Bell ringer, Read & discuss Antigone
- Friday – Study time for weekly vocabulary quiz. Complete Antigone
Pre-AP list: https://quizlet.com/_3ogwsi
Regular English – Quizlet (https://quizlet.com/_3ojlft)
- Stage Directions
- Tragic Hero