Do you have a Kindle or Fire tablet? No Kindle, but you have a SMARTPHONE and an AMAZON account? You can send yourself a FREE PDF copy of the book to have a digital copy on hand. Here are some tips for you:
For those with a Kindle (using your COMPUTER):
- Go to www.amazon.com.
- Click on your account (Account & Lists) and go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Click on Your Devices.
- There will be a list of all of the devices that you have linked to Amazon. Click the box next to any device to see its details. Included in that set of details is your Kindle email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send an email with the PDF file attached to your Kindle email address.
For those with a Kindle (using your KINDLE):
- Go into the SETTINGS area on your Kindle.
- On my Kindle Fire, I click “settings” and then “my account”.
- My Kindle address is shown there (again, email@example.com).
- Send an email with the PDF file attached to that email address.
Have Smartphone, No Kindle:
- Go to your app store on your smartphone and download the free Kindle app.
- Open the app (it will walk you through linking to your Amazon account).
- Click on “settings”. Your send-to-Kindle email address will be shown there.
- Send an email with the PDF file attached.
And voila! You’re done–a free PDF file of your novel. Need one to download? Here you go: https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/112/eastofeden.pdf
It’s that time of year again. I’m currently busily updating all of the various sections of my website with information for the 2017-2018 school year. As a result, things may be a bit difficult to locate as I play around with settings. Remember that you can always use the SEARCH bar (at the TOP RIGHT of the page) to look for something specific.
I have updated the supply list and policies page for 2017-2018. I am working on the category pages for Pre-AP and regular, and those will be updated continually throughout the school year. If there’s something in particular that you feel like I have left out, please don’t hesitate to email me.
Students and parents:
The 2017-2018 Pre-AP English 2 reading list is now available (click here). There are several important clarifications that I’d like to make:
- The summer reading assignment is for all students. You should have the novel read before school starts.
- During the school year, we will work with two novels a trimester. For each genre that we study, you will need to select ONE novel from the list.
- First trimester novels – Summer Reading & Gothic
- Second trimester novels – Dystopian & Bildungsroman
- Third trimester novels – Victorian & Drama
- Please research your novels carefully before you pick. Talk to the class of 2019 (they read many of the books on your list). Talk to your parents. Get online and read excerpts (Amazon and other booksellers offer free excerpts). Once you have chosen a novel, you cannot change your mind.
- Some novels are shorter than others. If that’s the case, you will have additional reading material in your novel packet to offset this (for example, short stories, informational articles, poetry, etc. related to your novel).
There is a possibility that I will be available for “read-ins” this summer where you can meet with me to ask questions about the novel. If that’s something you’d be interested in, please let me know. If there’s enough interest, I will schedule a few sessions at different times.
Class Remind Code: text @2017pre to 81010