There are a few important reminders I need to share with students (mostly for those in Pre-AP English): Continue reading “Important Update: October 17”
Hope everyone had an enjoyable Fall Break! Just a few weeks left until the end of the trimester. Here’s what’s up for this week: Continue reading “Week of October 16”
Happy Pre-Fall Break! I know you are looking forward to a week off. Here’s what’s happening this week.
General School Announcements
- Signups for the PSAT will be opened up to SOPHOMORES on the Monday after Fall Break. Please be listening to morning announcements for more information, or see Ms. Lori Vanover in the guidance office. PSAT signups are first come, first served.
- There will be English ESS this week on Wednesday morning before school.
- Monday – We will be beginning a collection of readings themed “War and Peace”. First, we will be reading Sophocles’ Antigone. In class on Monday, we will be introducing the backstory (including Oedipus Rex) and associated literary vocabulary.
- Tuesday – Second period only – Second period was awarded the opportunity to have a Gothic-themed potluck as a reward for having a 100% class average on their weekly assessment. In all classes, we will be taking our second plot test and doing sign-ups for reading roles for Antigone. In the remaining time, I will meet one-on-one with students regarding essays.
- Wednesday – Read and discuss Antigone
- Thursday – Read and discuss Antigone
- Friday – Weekly quiz; if necessary, we will finish Antigone. Dialectical journals are due on Friday.
This week’s vocabulary: https://quizlet.com/229092018/2017-pre-ap-vocabulary-8-flash-cards/
- Monday – Bell ringer, Grammar lesson #3, finish “The Seventh Man” in CR
- Tuesday – Bell ringer, Grammar lesson #4
- Wednesday – Bell ringer, Grammar lesson – diagramming practice
- Thursday – Bell ringer, Grammar EXAM
- Friday – Weekly vocabulary quiz; Discussion of Thursday’s test
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I certainly enjoyed watching the Madisonville Maroons host a baseball camp for younger boys; it’s awesome to watch you guys volunteer to teach little ones. Here’s what’s going on at MNHHS this week: Continue reading “Week of September 25”
Please take note: due to serious funding deficits, we have had to make some drastic changes to our ESS program. There will be no enhanced learning this school year. ESS will continue as long as the budget provides for it. At this time, these are the dates for the English ESS sessions:
We are quickly approaching midterm. Remember that grade reports are distributed in my class every Monday; check your grades and stay on top of things! Continue reading “Week of September 18”