Good morning, parents. Here are some updates and explanations that will hopefully clear up a lot of questions.
There has been some confusion about SKILLS days. We have used seven skills days (one in August for the eclipse and then six this month). Your child should have completed six assignments on Study Island. Mine are numbered 1 – 9. Some teachers numbered theirs 2 – 10. If you are unsure, please check with your child’s teacher. Assignments must be completed by Friday.
- ALREADY DUE: Novel test, vocabulary quiz (complete these by Tuesday or you will have to do in class Wednesday with no access to notes)
- SKILLS DAY: I will be checking at six p.m. for completion. ANYONE with all six days complete will receive a bonus coupon.
- January 22 – Overview of deadlines, time to work
- January 23 – Due at end of class (TP-CASTT, House Poem, Dialectical Journals)
- January 24 – Meet in computer lab. Time to work on MWDS & SOAPSTone. Introduction to essay. Due (Logic Problem Extra Credit)
- January 25 – Due (MWDS, SOAPSTone). Meet in computer lab. Working on essay.
- January 26 – Due (Flipgrid Extra Credit Opportunity) Back in classroom. Working on essay drafting.
- January 29 – Meet in computer lab. Typing rough draft.
- January 30 – Meet in computer lab. Typing rough draft
- January 31 – Due (Essay Rough Draft). EOC-STYLE NOVEL TEST today. EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY – PRESS POINT SUBMISSIONS DUE TODAY
- February 1 – Introduction to Bildungsroman (notes)
- February 2 – Vocabulary quiz. Bildungsroman lesson (continued)