There are a few supplies that you will wish to procure before the school year begins.
For summer reading:
- one composition notebook, 100 pages
- Dracula, by Bram Stoker (digital versions are fine)*
- Some students also purchase study notes (Cliffs or Spark Notes)
For the school year:
- Pencils and dark-colored ink pens (please no bright or glitter inks)
- The Count of Monte Cristo, abridged, by Alexandre Dumas (link to Amazon)*
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte*
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles, by Thomas Hardy*
- One sturdy two-pocket folder with brads in the center for holding paper (I will provide the paper that goes in this section)
- Plenty of writing paper (college-ruled is preferred; I don’t mind if it’s loose leaf or in a notebook)
- Other supplies will be needed from time to time. I will give advance notice.
- You will need to complete two independent reading assignments during the school year. The books may be purchased, checked out from the library, or borrowed from the school. A list of novels that may be chosen is posted on this site.
*Copies of Dracula, Jane Eyre, and Tess of the d’Urbervilles may be checked out from the school.