We have reached the final week of “class” in many ways; our EOC exam is Wednesday. This post includes information about deadlines and other end-of-year information. Continue reading “The Final Countdown”
What an incredibly long first day it has been. I’m sure the students are all exhausted. We have a lot of things on our plate over the next few weeks. Here’s a quick overview.
- Monday – ACT Coach lessons 9 & 10; time to work on dialectical journals
- Tuesday – ACT Coach lessons 11 & 12; time to work on journals. Journals for phase 3 are due TODAY.
- Wednesday – ACT Coach lessons 13 & 14; time to work on journals.
- Thursday – Operation Preparation (AM classes). PM classes – you will be doing the ACT coach lesson that you missed the Thursday before spring break (due to inclement weather)
- Friday – Vocabulary Quiz 26; Phase Four Quiz
NEXT WEEK & BEYOND:
- April 20 – Olympic Field Day
- April 26 – English II EOC Exam
- May 1 – AP Environmental Science exam
- May 3 – Algebra II EOC Exam
- May 6 – PROM
- May 9 – On Demand Writing Exam (State assessment)
- May 10 – Baccalaureate at 7:00 PM
- May 11 – AP World History Exam
- May 17 – Graduation
On this day in 2000, then-Governor Paul Patton signed the Kentucky Pledge of Allegiance into law. My fourth period was stunned to learn of the Pledge’s existence. Do you know it?
I pledge allegiance
To the Kentucky flag,
And to the Sovereign State
For which it stands.
Blessed with diversity,
Natural wealth and beauty,
and grace from on High.
Before I share our class schedule for the next few weeks, I do have a request. If possible, please take a moment to fill out this survey about reading comprehension. Your responses are anonymous, and I will be using them for my National Board portfolio entry. The website address is: http://tinyurl.com/nbctreadcomp
In Class This Week:
- Monday – Phase 2 quiz, work on dialectical journals
- Tuesday – ACT coach packet (lessons 1 – 3), work on dialectical journals
- Wednesday – ACT coach packet (lessons 4 – 6), work on dialectical journals
- Thursday – ACT coach packet (lessons 7 – 8); quizzes will be available for students that will not be at school Friday
- Friday – Vocabulary quiz 25, assign vocab 26, Phase 3 quiz, time to work on dialectical journals
In Class After Spring Break:
- Monday – ACT coach packet (lessons 9 – 10); work on dialectical journals
- Tuesday – Dialectical Journals Phase 3 due; ACT coach packet (lessons 11 – 12); work on dialectical journals
- Wednesday – ACT coach packet (lessons 13 – 14); work on dialectical journals
- Thursday – AM CLASSES – Operation Preparation Career Fair; PM CLASSES – you may catch up on work
- Friday – Vocabulary Quiz 26, assign 27, Phase 4 quiz
Ms. Moore will be teaching class this week. Continue reading “Week of March 20”
Today is a big day for me, personally and professionally. Today’s the day that I put a big, fat check next to one of the longstanding items on my life bucket list: PUBLISH A BOOK. Continue reading “Bucket List”