We are quickly approaching midterm. Remember that grade reports are distributed in my class every Monday; check your grades and stay on top of things!
In this post:
- General School Announcements
- Weekly Agenda
General School Announcements
- Congratulations to Kyle Bratcher and Sophie Metheny on their crowning Friday night at the football game. Congratulations also to our football team on their amazing win. Quite the performance!
- School pictures will be taken during English class on Friday, September 22.
- We should finally have our class t-shirts in hand soon! The company released the order for printing last week, so I hope to pick them up any day now. Shirts will be distributed in advisory.
In Pre-AP English this week:
- Monday – Bell ringer (response to music), mini lesson on infinitives and participial phrases, reading in anthology (body image readings #1 and #2). Time to work on study guide/ask questions
- Tuesday – Bell ringer (grammar), plot test #1. If time, mini lesson on prepositional phrases.
- Wednesday – Bell ringer (idioms/euphemisms), reading in anthology (body image readings #3, #4, and #5). Review time for second grammar exam.
- Thursday – Bell ringer (allusion). Grammar exam #2. Remainder of time will be given to students to complete dialectical journals (due tomorrow)
- Friday – Vocabulary quiz. School picture day. If time, we will review on-demand writing strategies.
In Regular English this week:
- Monday – Bell ringer (response to music) – read Scene 2/3 of Antigone & answer questions
- Tuesday – Bell ringer (grammar) – read Scene 4/5 of Antigone and answer questions
- Wednesday – Bell ringer (idioms/euphemisms) – review of Antigone
- Thursday – Bell ringer (allusion) – Antigone unit test
- Friday – Vocabulary quiz. School picture day. With remaining time, students will finish what they did not already finish on Antigone comic strips.
Pre-AP Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/_3pq3za
Regular English Quizlet and list of words will be added when I have them.