Students and parents:
The 2017-2018 Pre-AP English 2 reading list is now available (click here). There are several important clarifications that I’d like to make:
- The summer reading assignment is for all students. You should have the novel read before school starts.
- During the school year, we will work with two novels a trimester. For each genre that we study, you will need to select ONE novel from the list.
- First trimester novels – Summer Reading & Gothic
- Second trimester novels – Dystopian & Bildungsroman
- Third trimester novels – Victorian & Drama
- Please research your novels carefully before you pick. Talk to the class of 2019 (they read many of the books on your list). Talk to your parents. Get online and read excerpts (Amazon and other booksellers offer free excerpts). Once you have chosen a novel, you cannot change your mind.
- Some novels are shorter than others. If that’s the case, you will have additional reading material in your novel packet to offset this (for example, short stories, informational articles, poetry, etc. related to your novel).
There is a possibility that I will be available for “read-ins” this summer where you can meet with me to ask questions about the novel. If that’s something you’d be interested in, please let me know. If there’s enough interest, I will schedule a few sessions at different times.
Class Remind Code: text @2017pre to 81010